Wednesday 4 April 2018

Chapter 8 revisited

I have revisited Chapter 8 briefly to look at a couple of samples following Sian's helpful feedback.

Sample 1 [top] shows a layered piece of wool and cotton which the relief was created by shrinking to give a quilted appearance to which I'd added a strip of gathered chiffon to add a further dimension representing the ivy clad ditch. Sian suggested I add the chiffon prior to shrinking.
 I too was intrigued.

The results were just as pleasing although less gathered as I relied on the shrinking to manipulate the fabric something to consider should I decide to use this at a later stage.



Sian made 2 more suggestions:
 Firstly that I the teasels in samples 8 and 9 could be attached as part of the tuck making stage perhaps as part of an up-side-down tuck.
Secondly that a tea stained effect may work well So I combined both suggestions in one added sample. The effect of the tea upon the silk muslin really enhances the texture of the fabric and it's undulations.
I love the effect of the teasel added to the up-side-down tuck, a lovely contrast to the cable stitched tucks either side,




No comments:

Post a Comment